THIOTACID 300MG TABS 30’S
- Alpha-lipoic acid is a vitamin-like chemical called an antioxidant. Yeast, liver, kidney, spinach, broccoli, and potatoes are good sources of alpha-lipoic acid. It is also made in the laboratory for use as medicine.
- Alpha-lipoic acid is most commonly used for nerve pain in people with diabetes (diabetic neuropathy).
- It is also used for high levels of cholesterol or other fats (lipids) in the blood (hyperlipidemia) and obesity.
How does it work?
- Alpha-lipoic acid seems to help prevent certain kinds of cell damage in the body, and also restores vitamin levels such as vitamin E and vitamin C. There is also evidence that alpha-lipoic acid can improve the function and conduction of neurons in diabetes.
- Alpha-lipoic acid is used in the body to break down carbohydrates and to make energy for the other organs in the body.
- Alpha-lipoic acid seems to work as an antioxidant, which means that it might provide protection to the brain under conditions of damage or injury. The antioxidant effects might also be helpful in certain liver diseases.
Possibly Effective for:
- Nerve pain in people with diabetes (diabetic neuropathy). Taking 600-1800 mg of alpha-lipoic acid by mouth seems to improve symptoms such as burning, pain, and numbness in the legs and arms of people with diabetes. It may take 3 to 5 weeks of treatment for symptoms to improve.
- High levels of cholesterol or other fats (lipids) in the blood (hyperlipidemia). Taking alpha-lipoic acid for up to 16 weeks seems to lower total cholesterol and low-density lipoprotein (LDL).
- Obesity. Some research shows that taking alpha-lipoic acid for 2-48 weeks can slightly reduce body weight in adults who are overweight.
Cautions & Warnings:
- People taking alpha-lipoic acid by mouth might get a rash.
- Consult your doctor if you are: pregnant, lactating, diabetic.
- Keep out of reach of children.
How To Use:
All doses should be prescribed by doctors first:
- For nerve pain in people with diabetes (diabetic neuropathy): 600-1800 mg of alpha-lipoic acid per day.
- For high levels of cholesterol or other fats (lipids) in the blood (hyperlipidemia): 300-1200 mg of alpha-lipoic acid per day for up to 16 weeks.
- For obesity: 600-1800 mg of alpha-lipoic acid per day has been taken for 12-24 weeks.
- It should be taken on an empty stomach.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.